Roast Hake with Lemon and Garlic Crumbs with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
A great healthy and nutritious meal that will delight your family and friends.
- 100g Pure dairy free olive spread
- 300g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Good handful fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 100g coarse rustic white breadcrumbs, preferably from sourdough or similar
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1 heaped tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 large hake fillets, skinned and boned (about 200-225g)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Melt the Pure dairy free olive spread in a small pan or in the microwave. Place the tomatoes in a large roasting tin together with most of the basil leaves. Drizzle over a little of the melted olive spread and balsamic vinegar and season with salt and ground black pepper. Toss together until the tomatoes are coated.
Add the breadcrumbs to the rest of the melted dairy free pure olive spread with the garlic, lemon rind and parsley. Season with salt and ground black pepper and then toss until evenly coated. Lay the hake fillets among the tomatoes and sprinkle a good layer of the flavoured crumbs on top of each one. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the hake is cooked through and the crumbs are nicely golden. Garnish with the rest of the basil leaves and the lemon wedges, then serve straight to the table.