250g Gluten free bread flour (Dove’s do a Gluten Free BREAD Flour…. Or use your own Gluten Free Flour Blend – there are plenty of GF flour blend recipes online)
1 tsp gluten free dried yeast
30g gluten free breadcrumbs (optional)
3 cloves of crushed garlic or a tbsp garlic paste
160g Pure Dairy Free Sunflower spread (at room temperature)
1/3 lemon zest
small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley (finely chopped)
1/3 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Place your gluten free bread flour/flour blend into a bowl alongside your yeast and a pinch of salt.
2. Make a well in the middle of your dry ingredients.
3. Gradually pour in 170ml of tepid (luke warm) water & stir continuously until you form something a little like a rough dough (don’t worry if it feels a little sticky).
4. Transfer your dough onto a lightly gluten free floured surface & knead for 10 minutes (important!)
5. Once you have kneaded, place your dough in a bowl covered with clingfilm or a damp tea towel. Leave in a warm place for about 1 hour.
6. Whilst you wait… make the garlic butter. Mix your garlic into your room temp spread.
7. Add your lemon zest, finely chopped parsley & cayenne pepper.
8. Spread around a 1/3 of your garlic butter over an oven proof dish, all over the base & sides. (the dish doesn’t need to be very big)
9. (Optional) Scatter the breadcrumbs across the dish evenly.. this will give a crispier tasty base to your garlic bread, but is definitely not necessary if you don’t have any bread crumbs lying around.
When the hour is up, take your dough and divide it up, rolling it into even balls.
10. Place then in your oven proof dish & spread over another 1/3 of your garlic butter mixture.
11. Cover once more & leave to prove in a warm place for a further 1 hour – 1 hour 30.
12. Preheat your oven to 190degrees celsius.
13. Bake on the bottom shelf of your oven for about 30 minutes, they might need a little longer to make them go more golden.
If you are going to serve immediately, you can then spread your final third of garlic butter on top to them, it will melt and ooze everywhere!
This delicious gluten free & dairy free garlic tear & share bread is perfect to accompany so many dishes. I love it alongside a Gluten Free Spaghetti Bolognese, but it really can go with anything, or be enjoyed on its own!
Get more delicious free from recipes at: Gluten Free Cuppa Tea